Are you in need of outdoor security cameras to discourage an attempt of a crime such as burglary? And to provide secure monitoring for your home or your business establishments?
These best outdoor security cameras in 2019 will help you in securing your premises with superior detection and area coverage either day or night.
Also, your recorded video footage may be able to help police to solve a crime that was carried out.
Read through our reviews and buying guide, so you can decide which best outdoor security cameras in 2019 are suited for you and your family.
Best Outdoor Security Cameras 2019 List
|Brand||Resolution||Night Vision Range||Dimension (in)|
|EZVIZ Full HD||1080p||65ft||19.1 x 13.6 x 16.7||Check Price|
|ZOSI 8-Ch HD-TVI||720p||65ft||7.4 x 11.2 x 17.3||Check Price|
|DEFEWAY||720p||85ft||13.5 x 17.1 x 7.1||Check Price|
|Best Vision Systems||1080p||65ft||1.8 x 9.8 x 9.3||Check Price|
|KKmoon Digital||480p||65ft||14.0 x 12.5 x 3.0||Check Price|
|A-ZONE Home Security||1080p||100ft||13.0 x 16.0 x 12.0||Check Price|
|Liview 600TVL||480p||65ft||10.3 x 15.5 x 6.8||Check Price|
Top Outdoor Security Cameras in 2019
EZVIZ is an outdoor surveillance system equipped with 1080p Full HD cameras that allow you to record high quality videos and images into its 1 Terabyte WD DVR storage. It is equivalent to 500 hours non-stop recording.
The package comes with 4 bullet cameras that you can strategically place outdoors within your area. You can easily connect them to your DVR using 4 pieces of 60 ft CCTV Siamese BNC (coaxial cables).
You will be able to access your video remotely anytime and anywhere as long as you have internet connection. Its real-time feed is directly updated into the EZVIZ app and you can securely access it through your internet.
Each camera has a viewing angle of 107.5 degrees which means that it can focus many target objects because of its wide coverage area.
Let’s say that your focus target is 100 feet away from the camera. Thus, you will be able to view and record anything within 171.4 ft x 128.6 ft display dimension. Use this simulator and calculator mode with these actual specs: 2.3 mm lens and 1/3″ sensor size.
EZVIZ 4-camera surveillance system comes packed with lots of high-end features. With instant alerts, remote access capability, ample 1TB military-grade HDD, night vision, and other snazzy features, this camera system is worth your top dollars.
The product targets homeowners, small businesses, and corporate offices. Interested parties are driven by the need to monitor their properties, families, pets, or valuable items within the house. In big homes, the surveillance system alerts you when a visitor approaches (especially when you are too busy to notice), monitor your dog or cat while at work or keep an eye on your jewels. Small companies and corporate offices with minimal human protection could use the cameras to watch for suspicious movements during the day and night.
Its main benefit includes the ability to access surveillance anywhere using your smartphone remotely. No need to leave your seat when an alert appears, use the phone to focus the tennis ball cameras at different angles.
- QR Code Scan that allows you to remotely watch security cameras on your iOS or Android using the free ZOSI view app provided by the company.
- The 720p HD-TVI video feature produces stunning images during the day and night. Also, the camera’s automatic IR-cut filter is weatherproof with a night vision capabilities of up to 65 ft.
- Given that the product has no hard drive, it has Ultra long continuous recording USB backup system to preserve records. Its DVR has the potential to overwrite previously stored footage.
- Uses the intelligent motion detectors which capture images, sends them to your email and alerts you of sudden movements.
For security issues like burglary, robbery, and other minor disturbances, ZOSI’s surveillance system is perfect for monitoring. However, the product cannot offer maximum security on its own or even provide enough evidence for a follow-up. Why? Its limited internal memory is capable of skipping hours of relevant footage. Though the product is CE and FCC certified, extra security measures are recommended for home security purposes. In case of any challenges, ZOSI offers a lifetime tech support to users for free. Also, they are available 24/7 to answer all your queries and help you attain maximum experience with their CCTV cameras.
The crime rate is rapidly increasing around the world and the only way to catch the culprit is by using the security camera system. There is a huge variety of products available in the market that consumer gets confused. In case you are looking for the security camera system for your commercial building you have to assure that it is high-tech and it should cover maximum area. Today we have the DEFEWAY 8 security system that ranks among the best models available in the market.
DEFEWAY 8 Security Camera System ranks among the best surveillance camera models because of high-definition video quality. Apart from the reliable 720P HID 1200 TVL video quality, the camera will allow you to record from up to 20 meters even at night due to the amazing IR night vision feature. It has been developed with all the latest specifications to provide you the protection that you need. The latest technology has been used in the production of the camera. The feature of motion detection is available in the camera. With the help of application, you can stay connected to the camera everywhere.
- It has 8 channel 1080N hybrid DVR camera compatible with AHD.
- Audio function is available in the system.
- The security camera is waterproof that will allow you to install the camera in every part of the house.
- The application for easy remote access is available for both Android and iOS phones.
- It can easily record up to 8 hours without any issues. The night vision mode will allow you to keep the camera system on even a night.
- It has the main DVR with a hard drive, a facility not found in most of the security system.
- You can easily adjust and navigate the settings with the help of remote control
- All the wiring required for the system is included in the package so you can easily set up the system.
DEFEWAY 8 Channel Security Camera System is a reliable and quality product that will meet your surveillance requirements perfectly. It is a good option for the individuals that want extra coverage for their home or commercial building so they can easily identify anyone who is trying to break into their property. With the night vision, you will get 24/7 surveillance with the camera system.
I purchased Best Vision Security Surveillance System to replace one from Foscam. As an avid DIY enthusiast, the security surveillance system got my attention. The kit itself comes with a top-shelf 8-channel DVR, H.264 compression storage, PTZ control, pre-installed 1TB HDD, motion detection, HDMI out, 4 snazzy bullet security cameras, and weather-resistant housing.
Right from the outset, I was wowed by SK-DVR-DIY 8CH security system. The 60 ft Siamese BNC cable for each bullet camera certainly came in handy. Best of all, I was attracted to its full HD 1080p recording and playback resolution, a most sought-after feature in the latest security camera systems.
If you are looking to capture more angles, more views, and enjoy better storage, and hassle-free setup, this is it. It might come especially useful for a home with an expansive backyard and front yard with obstructed views. The four bullet cameras work in tandem to give you high-res, play-by-play surveillance.
- 1080N resolution for crisp, high-quality video via VGA and HDMI.
- Boasts of 4 AHD bullet cameras for day and night recording.
- Recording motion detection capability with 1080N rendering.
- Comes with 60-foot Siamese power cable per bullet camera, 1-to-4 splitters, top-notch power units, and USB mouse for convenience.
- 8 channels of full HD 1080P real-time recording.
- Large storage: Pre-installed 1 TB hard drive with smartphone remote access.
If you’re looking for a robust and reliable security camera system that does a bang-up job, look no further than Best Vision Systems Security Surveillance System. Despite a few complains, the kit is durable, affordable, high-res, agile, energy efficient, and overall a top-quality camera system. You’ll not be disappointed — it offers great value for your money!
Homeowners or offices rely to a great extent on security system to protect your homes. This depends on the system that you choose. Though some cameras are primarily used for detecting an intruder, others are advanced to detect a disaster break out or even a fire. KKmoon digital wireless DVR security system is one of the most recommended security systems to be utilized for your homes or offices. It is suitable for outdoor and indoor systems.
- 7 inch LCD TFT Monitor that offers high-resolution digital LED display.
- 2.4 GHz wireless DVR and 4 cameras feature waterproof shell as they use IP66 waterproof grade metal material.
- There are antennas offering stable transmission.
- The built-in camera 4 IR LEDs offers day and night clear vision.
- The wireless transmission of 7” covers a distance in the open up to 200 meters.
- Built-in Microphone on the monitor speaker and camera helps voice monitoring anytime, anywhere.
- No cable required just simple installation.
- Support video and audio output.
- Supports for 24 hours non-stop for 7 days and has up to 32 GB SD card.
- Multiple modes of recording, schedule, manual and motion activated.
- Easy to set up and use, no privacy leak and no interference.
- Widely used for the usage of the car park, garden guard and office security as CCTV system.
- A cost-effective way to install a surveillance comprehensive system installed in a business or home for a less expensive price.
- Good for houses as remote monitoring is possible from anywhere, anytime.
- Ideal for offices or shops as remote control is possible from any PC-networked.
- Audio monitoring helps in the quick tracing of interference.
- Appropriate for all customer-eccentric solutions such as Government offices, banks, transportation offices, industries, education, hospitality centers, healthcare, public venue, healthcare, retail and web attractions.
- SD Card Recording: This gives you a chance to know in your absence if anyone was in your property. This system also has a 2 GB SD card that easily captures audio and footage up to 350 minutes. Besides you can also choose recording option as continuous or set a schedule at certain times.
- Digital wireless technology: No messy wiring in setting the system. It automatically connects that you can get clear footage, interference-free watching. The functionality is strong enough to monitor your home or business wireless.
- Outdoor/Indoor wireless cameras: The outdoor/indoor wireless cameras provide you crisp color, clear and enhanced video. It suits outdoor and indoor use as the cameras feature a durable aluminum housing that can weather any season and also resist rusting.
- Night vision to the Long range: The cameras provide a secure and clear picture on monitoring even in dark location. The LEDs automatically activate as it gets dark and saves energy by getting deactivated during the day. You are assured of protection around the clock.
- Motion detection: The settings offer flexibility that you can adjust the settings with ease. Turn the recording of the motion and with the camera detecting movement, the recording begins. You can also set an audible alert so that on detecting motion you are notified.
- LCD Monitor 7”: Review the footage on LCD monitor 7”. You can place in on a table or get it wall mounted. You can easily review footage and also use the feature of screen saves to fit suitable to your decor. It also supports external monitor or TV.
- Remote control: Directly control the system using the receiver buttons even from a distance. The system is equipped with IR extension that the remote control helps in making system user-friendly.
KKmoon digital wireless DVR security system is a compact system that is uncomplicated. It is a must-have system for every city that is showing an increasing crime rate. It gives you a complete sense of security of being always watched, regardless of whether you are in or away. The support team is also responsive and show true customer support.
Before making your decision of installing security camera systems, get equipped with knowledge that will help you in making an informed decision and in choosing a camera fulfilling your expectations. After weighing the pros and cons of this technological marvel, you may proceed with your choice.
- 4 High Definition heavy duty metal waterproof bullet cameras
- The cameras feature 1.0-megapixel 720p resolution that allows the cameras to capture crisp and clear video quality. This simply means that the footage captured by these cameras are high-quality. The four HD cameras can be strategically positioned to capture various parts of your home.
- Advanced 3-in-1 1080p HD HVR system
- The package comes with an advanced HD HVR system that captures and records everything that is happening in and around your home. The system contains 2 TB drive pre-installed in the HVR system and can record hours of HD video footage without getting full. The HVR system kit includes a USB to micro USB, a power adapter, TF card as well as micro SD card for video recording. The system connects and manages all cameras on a single network.
- Motion detection function
- This feature allows the cameras to detect any movement within its range. This means that if an intruder comes within the vicinity of the cameras, the cameras will automatically detect the movement and capture the footage right there and then. Additionally, this feature comes with instant email alerts that are sent to the user periodically to notify him or her about what is happening.
- Mobile phone view
- Using the XMEye app, you can scan the QR code on the DVR and set up instant access on your mobile phone and have remote access to your security camera system anywhere and anytime. You will need a smartphone or internet-enabled tablet to enjoy this service.
- Auto IR-Cut
- These 36 LEDS deliver cyrstal clear vision for both day and night modes.
The A-ZONE 4 Channel 1080P AHD Home Security Cameras System is for those security conscious homeowners, business people, security experts, and enthusiasts who want to improve the security of their premises using sturdy, efficient and functional security cameras.
- Crystal-clear visual display
- With the 1280×720 pixels, this camera system has the capacity to capture clear images and videos. It is one of the features that make this home security camera system to stand out from the crowd.
- High-tech remote access
- This camera system is a remarkable peer to peer internet protocol camera that allows you to have an interrupted remote access using your smartphone or tablet and view live feed straight from your home regardless of where you are.
- Superior day and night monitoring
- This surveillance camera system comes with an automatic infrared function that enables the camera to capture video recording irrespective of the time of the day. Additionally, light conditions do not affect the quality of the recordings and it records in color even at night.
- Weatherproof capabilities and durable
- The bullet cameras are designed specifically for outdoors and they are made of high-quality metal. This means that they can withstand all weather elements and they are very durable.
The A-ZONE 4 Channel 1080P AHD Home Security Cameras System is a compact system that is well-designed and sturdy build. It allows you to view clear images and live video recordings from anywhere whether it is day or night.
The Liview 4CH CCTV 600TVL Outdoor Night Vision Camera System is the best solution to your safety problems. These days when the crime rates are increasing at an alarming rate, its time you take a more proactive approach towards your security. This fantastic security solution will help you take your safety to the next level making you live in a more secure environment.
As we all know earlier, Closed Circuit Television was once only found in banks, airports, convenience stores, etc. however, now you can have easier access to them at a very affordable price. It means that you can protect your property indoors and outdoors. Isn’t it great?
The Liview 4CH CCTV 600TVL Outdoor Night Vision Camera System is an excellent addition to your security system. It is ideal if you are worried about your home and business security. The video presence will not just provide you with the needed evidence but also can help in preventing crime like invasion or vandalism.
Why choose it?
The answer is simple because it’s easier to use. Comes with the combination video/power cables and is easy to install. You can DO-IT-YOURSELF. You can connect the system to your mobile device as well. It is waterproof and has an auto white balance. The two types of cameras, done cameras plus bullet cameras with night vision allow you to have a great view even at night time. In a box, you get the following:
- 12 V Power Supply
- Dome Cameras
- Bullet Cameras
- 1 to 4 DC Lines
- User Manual
- Remote Control
It is ideal for your home’s Front door, Backyard, Garage, as well as can be used for Street, School, Warehouse, Store, and Office.
- Bullet Camera Image Sensor: 1/4″ Color CMOS
- Display Resolution: NTSC: D1 (704 x 480)/ PAL: D1 (704 x 576)
- Audio Input / Output: RCA 1-Channel Input / RCA 1-Channel Output
This product by LightInTheBox is one of the recommended Surveillance DVR Kits as after using this product people are satisfied. The price is one of the best thing and an important factor which make it an ideal choice for people. With the Night Vision feature, it attracts public.
Liview 4CH CCTV 600TVL Outdoor Night Vision Camera System is excellent though some of the users have issues installing it. The product may not be that easier to install and use for all. Also, the resolution may be better. However, it’s an excellent solution for your security at an affordable price.
Don’t let the criminals get the upper hand of the situation. It’s time to invest in a better and affordable security system. Do it today!
Buying Guide for Outdoor Security Cameras in 2019
The crime rate is rapidly increasing in the world. There are several reasons behind the increase in crime rates like unemployment, reduction in the economy and much more. This is the reason that sometimes we do not feel safe in our own home or commercial buildings.
Technology is introducing different gadgets that can help protect yourselves and those you love.There have been different types of products introduced in the market that can help make your homes more secure.
Have you heard about the smart lock system? There are many individuals that have installed the latest locking system but, still they have been unable to stop the criminals from entering into their house. The reason behind it is simple they do not have the outdoor security camera.
It would not be wrong to say that the camera is the backbone of the security system. It is the only technology that can help identify criminals when you cannot catch them.
But, selecting the best camera might get a little tough when you have so many options available in the market. Do not worry because here we have the complete guide to help you in the selection of the best outdoor security cameras.
Introduction To Security System Outdoor Cameras
The outdoor security camera is the system that is used to keep an eye on the outdoors of your house or your commercial building. The main purpose of the installation of the outdoor camera is to keep an eye on who is trying to enter the building.
It is not only useful in homes, but also in places like schools and jails. The reason is that your kids need proper protection and with the help outdoor camera the security team will know if anyone who is not related to the school is trying to enter the building.
Video: This is a clear recording of a school picnic area using an outdoor camera.
There are many other interesting uses of the camera on the industrial buildings as well. Most of the rooms the factory has chemical production plants. You cannot install the camera inside the plants because we all know that it will damage the camera.
Similarly, it is important to keep an eye on what is happening inside to assure that no one will try to take control of the system. In this situation, the best solution is the installation of the outdoor security camera that is facing indoor. The camera will not get damaged and you will be able to keep an eye on the inside.
We can say that the outdoor security camera is not only used for the security purpose. There are many interesting uses of the products that are hard to ignore.
What Exactly Are Wireless Cameras?
With the advancement in technology, the wireless cameras have been introduced in the market. The biggest benefit of the system is that no hiding the camera will become easy for you and no one will know that they are being recorded. There are two types of wireless camera available on the market:
- The wireless security camera that is lithium-ion battery operated. Operational duration is limited with your battery’s energy supply.
- There are wireless cameras that are powered-fixed with the outlet. The data is sent wirelessly to the camera and you will not have to deal with the long Ethernet cables or changing the battery of the device. It is a reliable product and will provide the optimum protection.
Why Are Pan, Tilt, Zoom Cameras Ideal For Outdoor Locations?
Most of the outdoor security camera available in the market are stationery. It is easy to dodge such camera because they will not cover a wide range. You must install more than one camera for proper area coverage.
On the other hand, pan, tilt, zoom camera that is famous as the PTZ camera will be a perfect choice. Here are some of the features you will find in the product.
- The camera has 360 degrees rotation which means that it will cover the entire area that you want.
- The pan and tilt facility of the camera makes it easier to cover a wide range even with the single camera that you have.
- The biggest attraction of the system is the powerful lens. It can easily record what is happing outside clearly even from a distance.
Do PTZ Cameras Function When The Power Supply Goes Out?
A common question that most of the individuals are asking
“Will the camera work when the power supplies goes out?”
The very source of energy comes from the power supply. Cameras are electricity dependent, thus they will not be able to function properly in the event of power shortages.
But, there are different types of technological gadgets available in the market that will allow you to have the camera working even with the power supply is out. It is the secret facility in the camera that most of the retailers will not tell you about.
The most important thing you have to remember is the power backup. Make sure to have a better power backup in the camera. It will keep the system running even when you do not have the power supply. It is very important for the areas that need continuous monitoring of schools, airports, or jails.
Should I Get A PTZ Camera?
You might have been wondering that which type of cameras you should get.
The PTZ camera will always be better than the traditional outdoor security camera that you are planning to buy. The reason is that a single PTZ camera has the capability to monitor your entire outdoor perimeter.
You will not have to install several cameras to assure that you get the coverage that you need. In this way you will have to monitor only a single camera and not several camera screens.
The biggest advantage of having the PTZ outdoor security camera is that it will provide you the chance to save a decent amount of money. The energy-efficient camera that will allow you to save money on the electricity bills as well.
With the help of PTZ camera you will get the all the security services that you are looking for.
Why Use License Plate Recognition Cameras?
Sometimes it is not enough to only capture the face of the person in the camera.
For the places like airport, jails and shopping malls it is important that you capture more than just a face. The reason is that sometimes the face of the culprit is not enough to trace him/her down and you need some extra information. That additional information is provided by the license plate recognition camera.
It is the camera that will capture the license plate of the vehicle that entered the building. In this way you will have the most important piece of information related to the person you are trying to capture.
It is important to place the camera at the exact location of the entrance of the vehicles so that the entire information related to the license plate will be captured.
What Will Be The Perfect Outdoor Cameras For Your Building?
Most of the owners of the commercial buildings are confused that what would be the best camera for you.
We can understand that you are confused because there are many options available in the market. Do not feel confused because it is very easy to find the camera that would be perfect for you.
However, the outdoor security camera that is perfect for all types of commercial buildings and even the house is the PTZ camera. The reason is that it will provide the coverage that you want in the simplest manner.
What Is The Size Of The Area You Need To Cover?
The most important thing that you have to consider while buying the outdoor security camera is the area that you want to be covered. There are some individuals that want only the main door covered but they want clarity with the results. On the other hand, for some, it is important to cover a wide area.
- The camera with the small lens can easily cover the area of 29 to 30 foot.
- If the lens of the camera is wide it will cover the area of 18 foot only.
- You should know that the camera with smaller lens can cover a huge area but at the same tie the clarity of the recording might get affected.
- The camera with the wide lens is very focused due to which clear results are available but it cannot cover a wide area.
Why To Consider Selecting Manual Zoom Lens?
You should significantly consider your areas that need 24/7 monitoring both from surveillance cameras as well as personal security personnel. Camera lens have to be position in different strategic areas.
Auto-adjust is a great feature of most cameras, but it is better to rely on manual zoom to get precise image results. There are certain controls that allow you to manually adjust the camera.
Most manual zoom lens cameras are designed to be user friendly. There is no complicated buttons or controls. You just need a few practice and you will easily embrace it like a PRO.
How Powerful Will The Camera Night Vision?
A security camera’s important specification is its power to capture images and videos during night where there is little to minimal presence of light. It’s ability to capture the non-visible lights such as electromagnetic radiation is called spectral range.
The common specs in the market is called night range. The typical security camera in the market today is capable of 65 ft night vision range. Others are able to reach 85 ft to 100 ft.
Another powerful night vision feature is intensity range. It is the ability of the camera to detect small presence of light thru its highly sensitive receivers that intensifiers the images accurately with minimal light distortion or noise.
Where To Adjust Your Camera?
A common mistake that most of the people make is that they do not know where they should place the camera.
In this situation when the camera is not properly placed it leads to other issues like the face of the vehicle of the person will not be clearly captured in the camera. It is hard to determine that what would be the right place for the fixation of the camera.
You will have to check the area with the help different tools and small camera available in the market. It will help you capture an image that will allow you to know that at which point you should adjust the camera so that it can accurately capture everything. Whether you have the traditional outdoor security camera or the PTZ camera, proper placement is the key.
Do You Want To Hide The Camera?
There are many companies that have the outdoor security camera located right at their entrance where everyone can see them. You should know that it is better to have the camera hidden when most of the people have the latest gadgets to even stop the camera from working in such a way that you will not even notice.
You should know that hiding the camera is not an easy task and you have to assure that even the small recording LED of the camera is not shown through any corners. If you have plans around the building walls it would be the perfect place to hide the camera.
The reason is that camera will perfectly hide behind the bushes and you will have a clear view as well. Apart from that, there are many other techniques that you can use to hide the camera.
What You Should Know To Know About Perfect Outdoor Security Cameras?
You might have been wondering that what is required for the ideal outdoor security camera system. There are not many things that you have to worry about, the system starts with the selection of the camera. It is important that you know you have bought the right camera because it is the technology that you will be using for a long time.
After that, you have to select the location where you will be placing the camera. Once everything has been finalized you have to pay attention to the fact that whether you have bought the latest wireless system or the wired camera. For the camera, with wires, a proper location is necessary where you can easily adjust the wires. If you have the wireless outdoor security camera make sure that the camera can receive the required signals at the place where you have adjusted the system.
When you are hiring, you have to be very careful. The reason is that there are many individuals that are not aware of the installation of the camera. They will install the device in any random place and you will not get the services that you want.
Apart from that you have to consider the fact that the company is certified. The reason is that there are many scammers in the industry. If you will not wisely select the installation company there are chances that the robbers will come to install the system. They will have the entire inside view of the company and robbery will be easier for them.
It would be better option that you check the reviews and rating of the company that you are planning to hire. Assure that they are trustworthy and conduct a complete research. It is about the security of your commercial building and assure that you should not compromise with it. Select the best company and the system to enjoy the protection that you want.
How To Install Your Outdoor Security Cameras?
An important thing you should know about is the installation of the outdoor security camera. You have to assure that you drill holes in the wall at the location where you have to install the camera. Adjust the camera on that location and then with the help of screws you will have to attach the camera to the wall.
Once that is done you have to adjust the wires to assure that everything is perfectly working. Make sure that you have all the necessary tools for the installation of the camera. If you do not have the tools and expertise. It is better that you do not take a risk and call the professionals for outdoor security camera installation services.
Make sure that you buy the best outdoor security cameras in 2019 that meet your requirements perfectly. It should cover the areas that you want. Stay Safe!