“How To Fix XBox 360 Disc Read Error” is a common search query for many XBox gamers. It seems that month over month there are many people that get this error. You feel devastated when this happens. Read on and find out why this happens and what you can do to fix it.
Reasons For The Error
This problem will usually occur if there is a problem with the game disc or a problem within the console:
* The game disc – It’s possible that the disc itself is scratched, dirty or simply defective.
* Problems with the console – Problems that exist within the console will cause the disc to not be properly read:
▪ Dust build up within the console – We don’t always see it, but dust builds up within the console and over time it could become quite dirty.
▪ There may be problems with the laser – The laser that reads the discs may be damaged or is defective.
Suggestions to try
1. Try a different game. If you have a problem with one game, try another one. Try cleaning it and retrying. If that doesn’t solve the problem, try playing the game in a friend’s XBox console and see if the problem is replicable.
2. Do a simple restart of the console. Before restarting the console, open the tray and blow out the dust or dirt. You can also open the case and use a little blower to blow away the dust particles.
If the problem is simple, the suggestions above should fix this problem. If the problem persists, you can call the manufacturer and get their thoughts. They may suggest that you send the console in for repairs. If you’ve opened the case or if the warranty has expired, think twice because there is a hefty service fee that you will have to shoulder. Also, expect to get the system back in about 4 weeks time. If you want to avoid the long wait time and the high costs, the other option is to try fixing the console yourself.
Using a proven fix guide like the How To Fix XBox 360 Disc Read Error Repair Manual to solve your problem quickly
Technicians at Microsoft use the same repair techniques found in the guide. When you get the guide, you will learn how to fix any error including this one in just a few hours. You will benefit in 2 ways. You won’t have to wait so long to start playing again and you won’t have to pay the high repair costs.
Why don’t you have a look for yourself at the guide that has reduced headaches for thousands of gamers? Visit: XBox 360 Disc Read Error Repair Guide.
Remember to check the game discs and to clear the dust from within the console, then simply restart the system. Use the guide to quickly solve this problem on your own and to avoid the high service fees from Microsoft.